Now that travel is well and truly back, we can start getting excited about summer plans. But, if like many, the past few years have sent you on a health kick, you might want to find a travel destination that caters to this. Read on for our top wellness destinations to try this summer.
Whilst Ibiza is known for its rave and party culture, it is also renowned for its holistic side – think yoga, cleanses and detoxing. Check out some of the best healthy restaurants, cafes and activities to get involved in:
- Yoga Moji- A free-spirited yoga retreat set in the natural beauty of northern Ibiza. They offer classes with the most amazing views to give you a relaxing and beautiful experience, leaving you restored and recharged.
- Hiking- Sa Talaiassa is the highest point on the island, standing at 487 metres. Another popular hiking area is the area of Benimussa, known to the locals as the hidden valley, which is close to Ibiza town.
- Biking- Rent a bike and explore the island, the surroundings are beautiful and it will feel like a real adventure. There are numerous biking routes so choose one for your level, and try to go first thing to miss that intense midday sun!
- Passion- a favourite for the locals and some of the best juices and smoothies on the island. Passion has numerous branches and they source fresh and organic ingredients, so you can get your health hit wherever you’re staying.
- Aubergine Ibiza- All organic and freshly grown produce from their very own back garden, the menu is full of your Mediterranean favourites in the most perfect setting. One not to miss!
- Wild Beets- Raw, plant-based, gluten-free cuisine with a focus around energising the body but never sacrificing on taste. Each item on the menu has been carefully calibrated for maximum nutrient density and flavour.
Marbella is famed for its luxury lifestyle and beach clubs, however, over the years it has followed the trend and answered the rising demand for health and wellness tourism. Marbella is filled with great healthy restaurants and workout classes, along with new wellness technology when it comes to treatments. After all, they had to provide for the “no carbs before Marbz” brigade!
- Organic market- Opened in 2014, Organic Market is one of the number one spots when it comes to organic healthy food in Marbella. Offering both raw vegan dishes to organic fish and chicken, there is something for everyone.
- Hustle n flow- A trendy healthy cafe located only a stone’s throw from Marbella’s old town, they use nutrient-dense superfood extracts to probiotics blended into their dishes. Not just for the vegans, they also offer organic eggs, chicken and line-caught salmon on their menu, so there is something for everyone.
- Manuka- A flexitarian restaurant offering healthy and wholesome food free from refined sugar and additives. The menu is inspired by plant-based dishes around the globe whilst also offering a selection of grass-fed meats for the meat-lovers. A great option for delicious and nutritious food!
- Radiant yoga- A luminous yoga studio with bamboo flooring, infra-red panels for hot yoga sessions and a relaxing outdoor area to connect after class, Radiant yoga has it all. They offer a variety of yoga styles to help connect the body, mind and soul such as hot yoga, hatha, vinyasa flow, rocket/ ashtanga, yin, therapeutic, prana kriya and pilates classes.
- Las Dunas Hotel Spa- The hotel spa offers a dry flotarium, which gives users 30 minutes of total relaxation in which they enter a deep meditation state. It is designed to help combat stress and helps users disconnect from their worries offering benefits such as enhanced sleep quality, muscle recovery, lowers anxiety, helps combat jet lag and may boost mood.
- Walk or cycle: Paseo Maritimo is considered one of the most beautiful promenades along the entire coastline and is an ideal walking or cycling route. It is approximately 7km long, taking you from Marbella to Puerto Banus where you will find local shops, restaurants, bars and shops in between.
Ah, Mykonos, the home of the summer party scene and dancing until the sun comes up! For those of you wanting to party hard and recover well, there are a few spots that will help get you back to feeling fresh and revitalised, ready to hit it again!
- Bowl- The perfect spot for a quick, healthy breakfast, brunch or lunch. They offer locally sourced food, taking inspiration from global food trends and are dedicated to delivering the most delicious, seasonal, homemade energy bowls. Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, gluten or dairy free, they have something for everyone.
- Spilia- Spilia in Greek means cave, and once you arrive at Spilia you will understand why. The most beautiful setting and the best fresh seafood for a wonderful lunch right on the water.
- Yoga Mykonos- Yoga, Pilates, Zumba, personal training…you name it, yoga Mykonos have it. They organise daily groups for awakening yoga or sunset yoga, giving you the experience to practice from the most unique points Mykonos has to offer.
- Floating Mykonos- Floating Mykonos offer paddle boarding, watersports, snorkelling and diving trips to let your adventurous side go wild.